We had our "Meet the Teacher" day today. I got to meet all but one of my 18 students. They are all so very cute. I have a set of twins in my classroom. Ironically enough I also have a students who has twin baby brothers. I need to get those mama's together!
I realized two things:
1- My "baby boy" is so close to going to school. This is the year of "the lasts"...last year going to school alone, last year going to PTA alone, etc.
2- Most parents see their children with the "same eyes". Teachers "see" them differently. My new students were doing the same things my own children would do. As a teacher I saw them playing & exploring their new home. Their parents saw them getting into things. I realized the parent side of me would say the same things some of them did. Only I would probably include "the look", but my teacher side told parents, "You know, I have a son almost their age. Let them play they are having fun." It is really funny how we see things so very differently when it is our own.
Enough of my philosophical insight. I am just constantly reminded of how much children teach us about ourselves every day!
:)
Pisgah (Davidson River Area)
17 years ago
1 comments:
I'm glad "Meet the Teacher" night went well and I know this is going to be a great year for you and the lucky children who get to be taught by you.
Love,
Gretchen
Post a Comment