August 15, 2008

Artwork

I picked Carson up from his last day of K3. He begins K4 on Monday! He is very excited. When I picked him up he had a very interesting collection of "stuff' in his cubby. First, he handed me a leaf he found on the playground. He told me it was for me to wear in my hair. So, of course I had to try and keep it in all afternoon. Next, he showed me a nut & bolt, some twigs, a quarter, a piece of red felt, 2 dead leaves, and a few strands of mulch. It really made me laugh. He told me he had been saving them all week to take home and make a skeleton. Below is his skeleton. We worked together to complete it this afternoon. If you look really closely, you can see that the head is that of George Washington. I was quite interested in his choice for the hair too. He told me that it was really me once we put the "hair" on. :)

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
Thomas A. Edison



0 comments: