August 11, 2008

It is FINISHED!!!

My room is done. I put the final touches on it today. I just need to add my students' names to my bulletin board on t-shirts & hang them on the clothes line. I hung the window curtain that my Mother-in-law so graciously made. I also arranged some throw pillows (lets hope they don't actually get thrown) & a couple of bird's nests (thanks again Gretchen!!). I LOVE it. I also had a couple of my very good friends stop by. They brought their kids. I loved watching them in my classroom. I think they O.K.'d it & I passed the kid inspection. I also picked up Carson & Lauren a bit early and brought them to see it. Carson was SO excited. I took him by a K-5 class where he proceeded to give it his O.K. He talked about it all afternoon. So, here's to another great year....minus all the old comforts of home (WES). Most of you will understand that!

Enjoy the pics...it could be a while before I post again. My life is about to get VERY busy...at least until Christmas. 135 days till my next big break...but who's counting??

3 comments:

Lorilee said...

It looks wonderful. You have lucky students. I haven't started in my room yet. Our students return on the 25th. Teachers start inservice on the 14th. After 20 years, I can "get it together" pretty quickly! haha! Have a great school year!
Lorilee

The Kinard family said...

It looks great!!! You are so good! I miss you already!!! :( Love you, girl!

The Grube Family said...

I see some fo my pics are not showing up...hope you guys get to view them all!